Frequently Asked Questions
The KarmaPoints platform allows and encourages consumers to influence how companies should support communities, help people and protect the planet. Consumers are rewarded with KarmaPoints whenever they cast their vote.
- For customers: the platform empowers us as consumers to play a role in influencing corporate behaviours and community outcomes – thus democratizing CSR (corporate social responsibility) decisions. The platform also rewards consumers with KarmaPoints, which can be redeemed for promotions from participating redemption partners.
- For companies: the platform allows corporate brands to showcase their community agenda and involve their customers and communities in influencing the outcomes. Brands can better understand the communities that they operate in, and what projects matter to them the most
- For charities: the platform allows charities to showcase the work that they do in the communities including the tangible outcomes that they strive to achieve.
1. Click the link in your referral email, to go straight to the KarmaPoints voting page. If you didn’t receive a referral email then you can sign up here https://karmapoints.net/vote-earn-redeem
2. Read about the available charity project initiatives and then cast your votes for one or more projects, to earn KarmaPoints. Upon registration, you will receive one free vote every day.
3. Spend your KarmaPoints on promotional offer from the merchants showcased on our platform.
You can also refer friends to the platform to help build up support for the charity projects and to earn you extra KarmaPoints.
You may also receive an invitation from our corporate partners to partake, alongside their employees, in community events helping the charities that you voted for.
Yes. Anyone who resides in the countries that we operate in can sign up to KarmaPoints in their country, by registering here https://karmapoints.net/vote-earn-redeem
As a registered user, you are granted one free vote every day. You can earn KarmaPoints by casting your votes for the charity projects on the platform. Currently, if you are a customer of Standard Chartered bank in your country, then you will earn 5 KarmaPoints for every vote that you cast.
If you are not a customer of the bank, then you will earn 1 KarmaPoint per vote – so that is 365 FREE KarmaPoints every year!
KarmaPoints are specific to an individual country and can only be redeemed in the country where they were earned.
Yes. Each of your votes will then be split across the selected charity projects.
Your votes will stay as “Pending Votes” until you cast them. There is currently no expiry date on such Pending Votes. This policy will be reviewed periodically, and any changes will be notified via our website.
Your KarmaPoints currently have no expiry date set. This policy will be reviewed periodically, and any changes will be notified via our website.
Currently, customers of Standard Chartered bank (as identified by your email ID registered with us) will earn 5 KarmaPoints for every vote cast.
Customers who are not customers of Standard Chartered bank, will earn 1 KarmaPoint per vote.
Occasionally, we may run marketing campaigns to further boost the number of KarmaPoints earned for each vote.
We have simplified the process to keep our costs down. We now provide all registered customers of the platform with one free vote every day, irrespective of credit/debit card usage.
Your voting information is reported to the corporate brand partners linked to the charity projects that you voted for. Corporate brand partners will see which charity projects received how many votes, and from how many people and the email IDs of who voted Corporate partners may then use this information to tailor or adjust their community engagement programme. Corporate partners may also use the voting information to invite you to corporate events in the community.
We do not ascribe KarmaPoints with a fixed monetary value. Instead, the value to you will be determined by the redemption offers from the Redemption Merchants, who will independently determine how many KarmaPoints need to be redeemed against each promotion.
Yes, please do! Provided that your friend’s email ID is not already registered with us, you and your friend will receive bonus Pending Votes, which can then be converted to KarmaPoints by voting. You will also receive more bonus pending votes when your friends invite their friends!! Please note, that your referred friends would need to transact with at least one of our corporate brand partners before they can redeem their KarmaPoints.
Please use our Refer a Brand feature, to send us names of the corporate brands you would like to see added to the platform. If there is plenty of interest from customers to invite certain brands, then we may approach them with a proposal.
Currently we do not have a feature (or permission!) to collect donations on behalf of charities. Please contact charities directly if you would like to donate.
Please contact the Redemption partner directly with any queries relating to the redemption coupon or the redemption offer.
Votes that have been cast, cannot be undone. Also, KarmaPoints that have been redeemed, cannot be reinstated.
You can join KarmaPoints by registering here https://karmapoints.net/vote-earn-redeem
Please ensure that the email ID with which you have registered with KarmaPoints is the same email ID that you have registered with Standard Chartered bank. Then please look out for the marketing email from email@example.com , inviting you to join KarmaPoints. Click on the link in the email, to access the KarmaPoints platform. From this point on the platform will recognize you as a Standard Chartered bank customer, and you will receive the extra KarmaPoints per vote, that Standard Chartered customers are eligible for.
If you have done the above, but are still only receiving one KarmaPoint per vote, then please drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click on the Unsubscribe link near the bottom of the emails received from email@example.com